Aircraft Propulsion and Heat Transfer
Heat Transfer Using Liquid Crystal Images
Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University, 1992
1. Seong, Y. S., Han, S. H., Kim, K. S., and Park, C. K., "A Study on the Nozzle-Rotor Interactions of Partial Admission Supersonic Turbines", Journal of KSPE, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 53-60, 2004.
2. Shin, B. G., Song,, Jeong, S. I., Kim, K. S., and Lee, E. S., "Numerical Analysis of Flow Characteristics within Blades for Design Parameters of Impulse Supersonic Turbine Blade", Journal of KSPE, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 62-72, 2004.
3. Jeong, G. H., Song, K. B., and Kim, K. S., "Simultaneous Determination of Reference Free-Stream Temperature and Convective Heat Transfer Coefficients", Journal of KSME, Vol. 26, No. 12, pp. 1707-1714, 2002
4. Kuisoon Kim, Brian G. Wiedner, Cengiz Camci, "Analysis of Turbulent Flow and Endwall Heat Transfer in a 90° Turning Duct and Comparisons with Measured Data Part Ⅰ : Influence of Reynolds Number and Streamline Curvature on Viscous Flow Development ", International Journal of Rotating Machinary, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 109-123, 2002. 3.
5. Kuisoon Kim, Brian G. Wiedner, Cengiz Camci, "Analysis of Turbulent Flow and Endwall Heat Transfer in a 90° Turning Duct and Comparisons with Measured Data Part Ⅱ : Influence of Secondary Flow, Vorticity, Turbulent Kinetic Energy and Thermal Boundary Conditions on Endwall Heat Transfer", International Journal of Rotating Machinary, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 125-140, 2002. 3.
6. Kim, S. H., Lee, G. S., Choi. J. Y., and Kim, G. S., "Comparison of Algorithm & Turbulence Modeling for Calculation of Compressor Cascade Flows," Journal of KSPE, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 59-69, 2000.
7. Ha, M. Y., and Kim, K., "A Design of Hot Wind Tunnel and its Performance Test or Fouling Prediction", KSME-JSME Thermal Engineering Conference, 1996.
8. Kim, K., "An Efficient Way of Convection Heat Transfer Measurement on a Curved Surface," KSME Journal, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 113-126, 1993.
9.Kim, K., "An Experimental Study on the Flow and Heat Transfer Characteristics of an Impinging Jet," KSME Journal, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 258-271, 1993.
10. Chang, K., and Kim, K., "Numerical Analysis of a Transonic Jet-Flapped Airfoil Based on Euler Equations," Journal of the Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, Vol. 12, No. 3, 1984.
Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea (1992-Present)
Visiting Research Engineer, Pennsylvania State University, U.S.A. (2000)
Assistant, Pennsylvania State University, U.S.A. (1987-1991)
Professional Societies & Activities
Regular Member, ASEM, KSAE, KSPE
Honors and Awards
New Technology Innovation Award, NASA Lewis Research Center, U.S.A. (1993)
Heat Transfer Division Best Paper Award, ASME, U.S.A. (1994)
International Joint Research & Activities