Development of UV/TiO2 System for Treatment of Watstewater
Developement of Anaerobic Biofilm Reactor and Modeling of Mass Transfer of through Biofilm
Development of Granular Activated Carbon
Ph.D., Auburn University, U.S.A., 1983
1. Song, S. K., "Variation of Pore Structure of Coal-Based Activated Carbon with Burn-off of Steam Activation," Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, Vol. 22, No. 12, pp. 2141-2148, 2000.
2. Song, S. K., "Microbial Production of Inulo-Oligosaccharides by an Endoinulinase from Pseudomonas sp. Expressed Escherichia Coli," Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering, Vol. 87, No. 3, pp. 291-295, 1999.
3. Song, S. K., "Effect of C- or D- Domain Deletion on Enzymatic Properties of Cyclodextrin Glucanotransferase from Bacillus stearothermophilus NO2," Journal of Microbiology Biotechnology, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 152-157, 1998.
4. Song, S. K., "Enhanced Production of Fructosyltransferase and Glucosyltransferase by Substrate-Feeding Cultures of Aureobasidium Pullulans," Journal of Fermentation and Bioengineering, Vol. 84, No. 3, pp. 261-263, 1997.
5. Song, S. K., "Simultaneous Formation of fructosyltransferase and Glucosyl-transferase in Aureobasidium pullulans," Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 204-208, 1997.
Exchange Professor, Auburn University, U.S.A. (1989-1990)
Exchange Professor, Wayne State University, U.S.A. (1974-1975)
Professor, Chemical Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea (1972-Present)
Professional Societies & Activities
Member, APCChE Congress, AAPCChE Congress
Member, Institute for Development of Industrial Basic Technology, The Ministry of Commercial and Industry (1992-1996)
Member, Institute for Management of Water Quality of NakDong River (1994-1996)
Member, The Institute for Inspection of Biochemical Engineering Research Fund, The Ministry of Education (1995-Present)
Member, The Institute for Selection of Minor Enterprises to Boost, Pusan City (1995-1997)
President, Korean Society of Biotechnology & Bioengineering (1996-1997)
Member, Institute of Developing the Industrial Technology, The Ministry of Commercial Industry (1992-Present)
Member, The Institute for Regional Cooperation and Development of Technology, a Public Corporation of Encouraging the Minor Enterprises (1996-1998)
Regular Member, Korean Institute of Engineering (1997-Present)
Honors and Awards
The 20th Memorial Citation of Announcement of a National Education Constitution, The Ministry of Education, Korea (1988)
Prize for Best Scientific Technology, an Organization for Korean Science, Korea (1994)
Scholarship Prize for NulWon Foundation, NulWon Foundation, Korea (1998)
International Joint Research & Activities