Materials characterization of mechanical properties,
1979. 8. Seoul National University, BS
1982.2. Seoul National University, MS
1987. 3. Brown University, Ph.D.
1. Song, D. H., Choi, N. B., Kim, A. J., Cho, K., and Park, I. M., "Thermo-Mechanical Analysis of Functionally Gradient Al-SiCp Composite for Electronic Packaging," Journal of the Korea Society for Composite Materials, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp.23-29, 2000.
2. Jeong, W., and Cho, K., "Effect of Mn on Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of High Strength IF Steels for Automotive Body Panel," Journal of the Korea Institute of Metals and Materials, Vol. 37, No. 6, pp. 672-679, 1999.
3. Yoo, J. D., Cho, K., Bae, W. S., Cima, M., and Suresh, S., "Transformation Toughened Ceramic Multi-Layer with Composition Gradient," Journal of American Ceramic Society, Vol. 81, No. 1, pp. 21-32, 1998.
4. Shin, K., Lee, S., Kim, S., and Cho, K., "Fabrication Conditions, Microstructures and Mechanical Properties of P/M Processed 2XXX Al-SiCw Composites," Advanced Performance Materials, Vol. 5, pp. 307-318, 1998.
5. Cho, K., Lee, S., Duffy, J., and Nutt, S. R., "Adiabatic Shear Band Formation during Dynamic Torsional Deformation of an HY-100 Steel," Acta Metallurgica, Vol. 41, No. 5, pp. 923-932, 1993.
1987.3.-88.9. Brown University, Postdoctoral
1988.9.-89.3. Max-Planck-Institut, Guest Scientist
1989.3.-90.2. RIST, researcher
1995.3.-96.2. MIT, Visiting Professor
1996.3.-97.8. Materials Science and Engineering, Pusan National University, Chairman
1997.8.-99.9. Dept. of Planning and Research, Pusan National University, Associate Director
2002.3.-2005.2. KISTEP(Korea Institute of S&T Evaluation and Planning), R&D Program Director
1990.3.-present Pusan National University, Professor
Professional Societies & Activities
Korea institute of metals and Materials
Honors and Awards
The Best Paper Award, Korean Institute of Metals and Materials, Korea (1993)
The Best Paper Award, Korean Foundarymen`s Society, Korea (1993)
International Joint Research & Activities
Joint Research with Doctor K. Nagai at NRIM, Japan (2001)
Joint Research with Professor S. Suresh at MIT, U.S.A. (1995-1996)