Robotics and Intelligent Systems
Internet-Based Control Algorithms
Intelligent Systems for Engineering Applications
Ph.D., University of Southern California, U.S.A., 1990
1. Kang, J. G., Jin, T. S., Kim, M. G., and Lee, J. M., "Optimal Configuration Control for a Mobile Manipulator," KSME International Journal, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 605-621, 2000.
2. Lee, J. M., Lee, S., Lee, M. H., and Yoon, K. S., "Integrated Wiring System for Construction Equipment," IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 187-195, 1999.
3. Lee, J. M., "Dynamic Modeling and Cooperative Control of a Redundant Manipulator Based on Decomposition," KSME International Journal, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 642-658, 1998.
4. Lee, M. C., Son, K., and Lee, J. M., "Improving Tracking Performance of Industrial SCARA Robots Using a New Sliding Mode Control Algorithm," KSME International Journal, Vol. 12, No. 5, pp. 761-772, 1998.
5. Lee, J. M., Lee, M. C., Son, K., Lee, M. H., and Han, S. H., "Implementation of a Robust Dynamic Control for SCARA Robot," KSME International Journal, Vol 12, No. 6, pp. 1104-1115, 1998.
Research Fellow, City University of HongKong, China (2000)
Visiting Professor, Kobe University, Japan (1999)
Professor, Department of Electronics Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea (1992-Present)
Professional Societies & Activities
Associate Editor, ICASE (1999-2000)
Director, ICASE (2001-Present)
Director for IEEK Pusan/KyungNam Section (1997-Present)
General Director for ICASE Pusan/KyungNam Section (1998-Present)
Program Chair, International Conference on Mechatronics Technology (2000)
Honors and Awards
Encouragement Award, Samsung Human-Tech Paper Contest, Samsung Co., Korea (2000)
Greatest Award, National Intelligent Robot Contest, KyungBuk Province, Korea (1999)
Best Paper Award, IEEK Pusan/KyungNam Section, Korea (1999)
Best Paper Award, IEEK Pusan/KyungNam Section, Korea (1998)
Best Paper Award, ICASE Conference, Korea (1996)
International Joint Research & Activities
1. Visiting Research with Professor H. Haneda at Kobe University, Japan
Research Title: "Development a General Purpose Haptic Interface," Supported by KOSEF (1999)
2. Visiting Research with Professor S. K. Tso at City University of Hong-Kong, China
Research Title: "Sensor Fusion Techniques for Service Robots," Supported by PNU and City University of HongKong (2000)
3. Joint Research with Professor S. K. Tso, City University of Hong-Kong, China
Research Project: "Development of a Service Robot for Hospital" Supported by Ministry of Commerce Industry and Energy (1999-2000)